Monday, January 11, 2010

post-holiday hangover

With the rush of getting Christmas projects completed and wrapped and delivered, it's time to turn back to that sweater I meant to complete for Christmas.  I will finish it in the next 3 weeks.  I must finish it in the next 3 weeks if I want it on time for a birthday!    I'm knitting it with a boucle yarn. 

The yarn gives the project a nice nubbly tweedy effect which suits the trendy vintage style of the sweater.  But does anyone else get frustrated by knitting with boucle yarn?  It just doesn't slide easily along the needle and it's so easy to catch little stray fibers. 


I'm working on the front plackets right now.  Then all I have to do is attach them and knit the collar.  The end is in sight!  Oh yeah ... still have to find just the right buttons ...

No comments:

Post a Comment