Friday, January 29, 2010

Voila!

I did it!  The sweater is finished!  The boucle yarn got downright tedious ... especially when I realized I made an error about 24 rows back and had to rip it out.  Boucle does not take to unravelling -- at all!  What a bother.  But it's done and on it way to T.O.  Yay!

I put a shirt under it to show that it's a cropped sweater jacket with 3/4 sleeves.  I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Now I'm filling in the gap between projects trying out some pattern stitches.  And, as always, that's done in the form of a dishcloth.  So here's a new discloth pattern.  This stitch gives a very nice texture for a dishcloth.

Bamboo Stitch Discloth

Materials: 
1 skein worsted weight cotton yarn  (I used Bernat Cot'n Corn)
Size 8 Knitting Needles
Note:  this is actually a variation of the classic Bamboo Stitch

Cast on 42 stitches.
Knit 4 rows.
Row 1:  K3, *YO, K2, pass YO over K2, repeat from* to last 3 stitches, K3
Row 2:  Knit across
Repeat these 2 rows 24 atimes, or to desired length.
End by knitting 4 rows.
Bind off.


No comments:

Post a Comment