Thursday, March 14, 2013

Easter Fun


Back in the ‘70s my mother owned a craft store and I spent summers between college semesters working there.  I loved the job, learned all sorts of skills and gained a lifetime of hobbies. 
 
A few weeks ago I was going through some old binders looking for a specific pattern.  I didn’t find the pattern but I came across a hand-scribbled pattern for knitted chickens that fit over plastic Easter eggs.  I remember knitting some samples for the shop.  They were so cute!
 
I decided to knit some up and in the process changed the pattern a bit.  I decided to change the first 6 rows of the pattern to look like a nest or basket that the hen is sitting in.  Then I decided to make a smaller version in yellow for a chick.  It was a lot of fun and now I’m offering them to you.  I don’t know the original source of the pattern so I can’t credit it.   I hope you have some fun with my revised pattern for Easter Hens & Chicks.
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment