Sunday, December 30, 2012



scarf   n.   a length or square of fabric worn around the head or neck


January ... brrrrr! Winter is fully upon us now and where I live it's COLD! I was going through my pile of scarves looking for something to wrap around my neck and shoulders to take the chill off. All of my scarves were long and narrow and no matter how many times I looped them around it just wasn't what I was looking for.

Off to my yarn stash to knit just the right scarf to wrap myself in cozy goodness. The result is this month's project: a Triangle Scarf. Knit with fine yarn on large needles this scarf is large, soft and warm without being bulky. And hopefully it's a little stylish, too.


For my scarf, I used Vanna's Glamour, a lightweight acrylic yarn with a thin metallic thread. Most lightweight (size 2) yarns are animal fibres (wool, angora, alpaca, etc.) which may irritate your neck and chin. I tend to shy away from these because I am sensitive to animal fibres, but sometimes a yarn just screams out to me and I give in to a wool yarn. But I have a trick for being able to wear wool. Once my project is finished, I hand wash it in Soak, then rinse it in water mixed with hair conditioner (just like you use on your head in the shower). The conditioner smoothes the hair fibres and reduces the itch-factor.

If you are looking for a cozy scarf pattern, why not try my Triangle Scarf – an easy, quick p[roject to start of the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment